You probably know the expression "if you can't say something nice say it in Yiddish". Yiddish is a wonderfully juicy language with so many expressions and such wisdoms, that are the product of centuries of suffering and survival.
Yiddish is a thousand year old language spoken mostly by Eshkenazi Jews, primarily Jews who moved from Italy and France to the Rhine region in Germany. It Includes Hebrew and and Aramaic words. Some say it was used so the the external world would be kept out - still true to some extent when used by certain Hassidic sects.
I spoke Yiddish with my dear father Z'L Charles Oser, I remember many expressions he said to me, many of which I have put on products. I know he would approve! he would say "Die bist a sheine Meidele ober auch a Vilde Chaya" you're a sweet gift but a bit of a wild one. Yes true!
"If you can’t have what you like, then like what you have.” Yiddish Bowl. This could really be a philosophy for life Yiddish phrases have found a new home on these bowls. Enjoy your favorite snacks while eating out of these witty ceramic bowls. Hand printed in Israel
- HANDMADE printed Ceramic Bowl, created and designed in Jerusalem Made with love and care.
- AUTHENTIC design by the Barbara Shaw, who's passion is to artistically present Israel and Judaica in a fresh way fusing the ancient with contemporary.
- THIS Yiddish Bowl, is a joy to give and will be a great addition to your home and kitchen and extra beauty to each day. This is a winning gift that is sure to bring a smile to anyone who receives it.
- SIZE: 18X10 centimeters. Perfect house warming gift.
- LOVE It or Your Money Back - if you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase of our Yiddish Bowl for any reason, just email us and we'll refund your order in full, no questions asked.