Here are some tips.
- Plan ahead, think of possible scenarios, plan the Seder think who can and can't come. Where will the older folks be?
- Really adorn the table, even if fewer people are coming, do be festive. Perhaps out of towners will not be coming, so be local, and decorate the table in style. As the suggestion is to keep a distance the table can still be longer and so there may be more room to beautify it
- We are all feeling a bit more stressed than usual, so let’s share the load of preparation and cooking. Invite some of the guests to help you prepare. We tend to feel better when we are social.
- Prepare a little more before the Seder, and ensure you have some interesting stories to tell, whether religious or stories about Seder and traditions within the family. It keeps the interest up and feels reassuring
- Stay in the hear and now enjoy the evening, without kvetching gloom and doom.
- Do something different this year, whether with the menu or dress or table decorations. Make the evening significant and memorable.
- On the other hand also stick to the old favorite comfort foods, continuity reassures us
- While the Seder is a religious occasion and technology is not really encourage, if you would feel better doing face time to connect with family….
- Make up and add an extra verse to the favorite Seder songs like who know one
- Sing Next year in Jerusalem with particular Gusto - we look forward to seeing you!!
10 Original Pesach Gift IdeasPerhaps Passover will be all the more meaningful this year, being with family and friends, and continuing traditions, is a great way of weathering all storms. On practically all religious occasions we gather and eat, pray and drink. While food is a natural staple for gift giving, let’s be more inventive.Jerusalem [...]
With Pesach just over two months away, I have surveyed the main Jewish Museum’s offerings. Increasingly the trend is minimalistic. In this context that means no hebrew words. A plate with perhaps just dents to indicate it is a seder plate. Or a plate with some accompanying small bowls, for the Pesach fare. But again [...]
I recently attended Top Drawer a gift trade show in London. I find British design quirky, understated, occasionally outrageous and mostly fabulously crafted. It reflects the long traditions of fabric design and printing and pottery craft, I find particularly inspiring. While there are seismic shifts to online shopping, the independent store can hold its own if it offers a memorable experience [...]
Who am I?What do I offer?What problem I solve for you?What contribution can I make to you?What action do I want from you?
A Business Plan shows that you have considered and thought through most of the important aspects of your business. That’s why when you go for a loan or approach investors they will ask to see it.Business is not an exact science. You have to make some assumptions, you have to be prepared to back your creative ideas. It makes a [...]
Time! It can be your worst enemy or your best friend depending on how well you manage it. We often hear phrases like "I never have enough time", "where did the day go", the key is how to manage your time.Time in Perspective While we all have the same 24 hours each day some people manage to pack into a huge [...]
The Creative MindsetArtists and crafts people love the creative and productive part of their profession. Naturally! There are some who regard the need to sell what they make with disdain. "I'm not a sales person or a business person," they say. "I don't want to be involved with that dirty and demeaning stuff, I'm an artist". If only they had [...]
Do the basics consistently, persistently and well – you will stand out as few businesses do.Basics Produce a great product, provide a great service after asking yourself what do I need or want and what do other people want and need Stay very close to customers [...]
Pricing is a Women's IssueThe prices we charge in business often reflect the way we value ourselves. Our prices are too often a measure of our own self esteem and self worth. Pricing is fundamentally a measure of your confidence as a business owner and it's the only validation of the value you provide to your market. There is a [...]