Remember Israel in the 1970's? Hazy hot summer days, men in open shirts with cloth sunhats, and getting a sun-burnt nose while volunteering on kibbutz. Jaffa oranges are the flagship product of Israeli agriculture and the most famous Israeli brand. These little beauties are exported all around the world and are arguably more iconic than the Sabra. Barbara's latest print captures the essence of this symbol.
Jaffa Oranges are characterized by their thick peel, oval shape, sweet flavor, and during Israel's early years were the country's primary agricultural export. The first mention of oranges in the Biblical land of Israel dates back to approximately 332 BC. At peak production in the 1970's, 1.7 million Jaffa oranges were grown for export here a year.
Barbara says, "It's not by chance that Im launching this new design just as the orange season begins. Whether I'm buying my fruit from the shuk in Jerusalem or in a supermarket in California, there is nothing as sweet as a Jaffa Orange."
- HANDMADE Trivet, created and printed in Jerusalem in our own ethical all woman workshop. Made with love and care.
- AUTHENTIC original design by Barbara Shaw, who's passion is to artistically present Israel and Judaica in a fresh way fusing the ancient with contemporary.
- THESE trivets, coming in a variety of prints, will heat up your dining table while cooling down your pots and pans! A joy to give and receive. This is a winning gift that is sure to bring a smile to anyone who receives it.
- SIZE: 7.5X7.5 inches / 20X20 centimeters and can withstand up to 150C (300F), wood laminated. This beautiful Trivet will be a unique decoration to your home and add a pop of color and harmony to your table.
- LOVE IT or Your Money Back - if you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase of our Trivet for any reason, just email us and we'll refund your order in full, no questions asked.