Get your "Shakshuka" on with this fun, flirty apron! Shakshuka is that most delicious of Israeli breakfast dishes - an irresistibly hot combo of tomatoes, eggs, and chilli.
Make it yourself and spice up the morning with this recipe:
-Sauté an onion in a pan (one that you've got a lid for), in a few tablespoons of olive oil, adding in a chopped clove of garlic after 2 min, until the onion is a softened.
-Add in a chopped bell-pepper of any color and sautee a few more minutes.
-Pour in 4 cups of diced tomatoes with their juice and seeds. (You can alternatively use canned, or a mixute of the two) Some use a bit of tomato paste added as well.
-Add spices: salt, chilli powder, cumin, paprika - don't be afraid to go heavy on the heat!
-Simmer it all about 7-10 minutes.
-Crack about 5-6 eggs (or as many as can fit in the pan) onto this tomato mixture, being careful to leave the eggs whole.
-Cover the pan and keep simmering until the yolks are just cooked but still a little runny, about 10 minutes for softer yolks, 15 for harder yolks.
Mmmm... B'teavon! (Enjoy!)
- HANDMADE unique Apron for the home, made with love and care. Sewn and printed in Jerusalem in our own ethical all woman workshop.
- AUTHENTIC original design- sourced directly from the life of Barbara Shaw who has made it her calling to bring to you the most stylish gifts for the house and home and to let you take a piece of Jerusalem home with you.
- HAND Screen-Printed. Beautifully gift packaged with a sleeve in the window. Tie at waist. This generously cut apron is designed to fit most sizes. A joy to give and receive. This is a winning gift that is sure to bring a smile to anyone who receives it.
- COTTON mix. Machine Wash and Dry. Easily cleaned, no ironing necessary. Ideal for home or business use. Well-suited for the kitchen, garden, or craft table! Perfect! Great gift all year round.
- LOVE It or Your Money Back - if you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase of our Apron for any reason, just email us and we'll refund your order in full, no questions asked.
When you start the day with a shakshuka you never know what might happen!!