6 Fun Family Activities Around Jerusalem
Whether you're living in Jerusalem, visiting, or perhaps somewhere in between ;-) This city is chock-full of fun activities for your family and kids! Kids are certainly seen and heard everywhere!
The options are infinite, but we thought to make a short list of some of the local highlights that we recommend...
6 Fun Family Activities Around Jerusalem:
1) The Bloomfield Science Museum: This exciting and stimulating museum provides kids with a fun way to experience and learn all things science and technology related! An immersive, educational experience with hands on exhibitions and guided tours, makes for a guaranteed fun activity for the family.
2) Jerusalem Biblical Zoo: This is one of Israel's most popular destination sites, and for good measure! With over 170 diverse species, most of which are mentioned in the Bible, the Biblical Zoo is sure to be different than any zoo you've been to before! The terrain of the actual property, as well as the scenery it overlooks contribute to the stunning, colorful experience you are sure to have. Change things up with a segway tour around the zoo, an exciting new way to experience the fun!
3) Hamifletzet/ Monster Slide in Kiryat Yovel: With discernibly no connection to Jerusalem, this playground sculpture has become a universally recognized city landmark! And the French artist that built the structure happened to have also designed the sculpture garden in the Biblical Zoo :-) So come slide down the exhilarating three-tongued monster and undergo the same thrill children have been experiencing for decades!
4) Emek Refaim Pool: Although there may be no stunning views or spacious lawns, this pool has surely worked its way up the list! A convenient, olympic sized pool with plenty of lanes to swim in, as well as an adjacent outdoor kid's pool and waterslide-This well loved destination makes for a refreshing, fun activity that the whole family is sure to enjoy!
5) Jerusalem Bird Observatory: JBO is the first urban wildlife site in Israel. It's become a magnet for hundreds of thousands of tiny birds migrating every year between Africa and Europe. This is a very popular tourist attraction, offering visitors a unique eco-experience. With bird-watching, explanatory presentations and other exciting activities, fly on over to the JBO for a truly extraordinary experience!
6) Gan Sokolov: With no shortage of serene, beautiful parks, I find Gan Sokolov to be one of the best parks Jerusalem has to offer. Located in the heart of Talbiya, not far from the Inbal Hotel, this is a great place to take it easy and catch your breath while the kids continue to enjoy themselves as well. With several small gardens, play areas and benches, it's worthwhile to set aside some time towards a stop at Gan Sokolov.
Although this is only a short list of the tremendous activities Jerusalem has to offer, it's a terrific start! Everything from taking the light rail to walking the bustling streets of the city are sure to entertain and charm adults and children alike! Lauded as an extremely kid-friendly city, your family is sure to have a blast with whatever Jerusalem activities you do choose.
Be sure to come pay us a visit to our shop on Emek Refaim before sitting down for a well deserved lunch ;-) ! And yes we do have lots of gifts for kids as well as T shirts and other fun stuff.
Do have a look at https://www.funinjerusalem.com/ for further great ideas, and pick up their magazine at our store