Fig Leaf Apron
Cut a stylish figure in the kitchen, wearing a beautiful but simple fig leaf apron. Hand screen-printed and generously cut, these aprons will ensure that you look good while beating the eggs or basting the roast.
The fig leaf is one of the most ancient designs, yet here it looks stunningly contemporary. On the lower half of the apron the following verse is printed, "Every man will sit under his vine and fig tree." (Micah 5:5)
Barbara says, "For years I have imagined a strong and striking design based on the fig leaf. Graphically, I love the shape of the fig leaf and I so enjoy eating sensuous figs. Fig trees grow quite commonly around the countryside and in cities, and I find their large, shady leaves fascinating and wonderfully inspiring. Once again, the ancient symbolism is married with the most contemporary artistic shape. This apron always makes me think of D.H. Lawences's The Fig, one of my favorite poems.
- HANDMADE unique Apron for the home, made with love and care. Sewn and printed in Jerusalem in our own ethical all woman workshop.
- AUTHENTIC original design- sourced directly from the life of Barbara Shaw who has made it her calling to bring to you the most stylish gifts for the house and home and to let you take a piece of Jerusalem home with you.
- HAND Screen-Printed. Beautifully gift packaged with a sleeve in the window. Tie at waist. This generously cut apron is designed to fit most sizes. A joy to give and receive. This is a winning gift that is sure to bring a smile to anyone who receives it.
- COTTON mix Machine Wash and Dry, easily cleaned no iron necessary Ideal for home or business use. Well-suited for the kitchen, garden, or craft table! Perfect Great gift all year round.
- LOVE It or Your Money Back - if you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase of our Apron for any reason, just email us and we'll refund your order in full, no questions asked.